FirstVet is the first truly digital veterinary clinic. We let pet owners meet with licensed veterinarians via their mobile or computer. Our solution contributes to a more balanced and better functioning care process for all parties. By providing a first point of contact for all pet owners FirstVet makes pet care more available, more efficient and more qualitative.
We’re currently expanding our product and tech team and are looking for a user experience designer with main focus on our web and e-commerce solutions. As a UX designer at FirstVet, you will be working closely with product owners, designers, researchers, developers and users. Together you will uncover needs and design creative and user-friendly solutions, solve user problems and improve our services. Your mission will be to understand our users and their needs accurately and deeply, and to create user journeys and user experiences that are useful, usable and desirable. You always strive for simplicity in user interfaces and have a good understanding of how to increase conversion in user journeys. You’ll have a great impact on the things we build and how we build it.
This is a full-time role based in our office in Stockholm, but you’ll work closely together with our international colleagues in our country organizations.
- Analyze customer behaviour and how the product is used to identify development needs
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across our product areas
- Design and conduct usability testing, A/B testing and other growth related activities
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core functions and features
- Create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, diagrams and other artifacts that support the design process leading to intuitive user experiences
- Understand business metrics and translate company goals and objectives into user friendly digital experiences
- Make sure that each component in our apps is logical and easily accessible and that any multi-step process within the app is streamlined and intuitive for the user
- Be responsible for finding creative ways to solve UX problems and make our apps even more appealing and user friendly to attract new and retain existing customers
Who we are:
We are a young and fast growing start-up, working passionately to build a high quality service and an expansive global company. We value personal qualities at least as much as background and experiences. We put a lot of effort in building a trusting culture where we collaborate to achieve our high goals and have fun together, yet in a professional environment. We know the importance of talking about our mistakes to learn from them. By doing so we constantly develop as individuals, as a team as well as a company.
The person we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, we believe that you are a team player who always strives to develop yourself as well as others and where the goal is to always deliver an outstanding result. You’re passionate about understanding the users’ needs, motivations and behaviors and are able to translate them into actionable deliverables. You have a humble personality, great interpersonal skills and an ability to spread energy around you. Apart from that we also believe that you…
- Probably have 5+ years of experience working as a UX designer or in an equivalent role
- Have experience from building something that users love and have worked with larger projects from A-Z with good outcome
- Experience developing B2B and B2C/consumer products
- Have an education within relevant field
- Have experience from working closely with developers
- Enjoys solving complex customer and business needs and translate them into simple and intuitive user experiences and products
- Have good knowledge of Figma or similar tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision or FramerX
- Are solution oriented, see collaboration as a prerequisite for your success and have a passion for the fast-paced startup life
- Enjoys identifying areas of improvement and to come up with ideas for making things better
- Have excellent communication skills
- Are fluent in English and have a good understanding of Swedish
If you would be invited to an interview we also see that a portfolio that displays your previous work is a must.
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, it goes without saying that an interest in animals is highly desirable. We’re a pet-orientated organisation and it’s not unusual for a dog or cat to join our Zoom calls! So, if you want to take part in changing how pet care is provided worldwide – FirstVet might be the right place for you!
Interviews are held continuously so don’t wait too long with sending us your application.
During this specific time we are working both remote and at the office.