FirstVet 🐶 has since we started in 2016 been building a digital platform aiming to create a world where every pet can thrive, not just survive - no matter the circumstances. In order to facilitate FirstVet’s continuous international growth, we’re strengthening our product team with a UX Research Lead. In this role, you will set the direction for user research at FirstVet and plan and execute user experience research as well as manage and lead the work of our current UX researcher. The studies will span over all of our products and cover consumer market research, user research, and user testing.
- Create world-class digital experiences based on your strategic insights from primary research with end-users
- Balance qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to ensure the product teams at FirstVet are focused on our customer’s top needs
- Collaborate with our product teams to support the translation of strategic research insights into tactical user experience design
- Communicate strategic findings based on research methodologies that bring utility and real value to our users. Communication will be presented in company-wide meetings or conferences
- Identify short- and long term UX research needs in collaboration with your team and stakeholders
- Lead, plan, design and execute impactful user and product usability research studies and experiments aligned with business objectives using a diverse set of approaches including contextual inquiry, remote and in-person moderated interviews, moderated and unmoderated testing, A/B testing, card sorting, and surveys
The person we are looking for:
You have a natural way of collaborating across the organization as well as with external stakeholders. You enjoy helping others to succeed in their roles and at the same time making sure that you’re delivering great results. You relentlessly focus on users and solving for their needs and wants. You put users first and have experience driving impact from insights and have a desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team.
- A degree within human-computer interaction, cognitive science, statistics, psychology, anthropology, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 5+ years of relevant user research experience conducting UX research and analysis of digital products within B2C and B2B
- Experience driving strategic initiatives related to research and are comfortable selecting the best research methods and techniques to uncover unique insights in a fast-paced environment
- Committed to empowering cross-functional teams to understand and utilize research best practices
- Experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Data Studio, Firebase, Amplitude, Mixpanel, and similar
- Experience using user research and testing tools such as Lookback, UserTesting, Validately, UserZoom, Userlytics, and similar
- Full professional proficiency in English, verbally and in writing
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders
- Leadership experience is a big plus, but not a must-have
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, it goes without saying that an interest in animals is highly desirable. We’re a pet-oriented organization and it’s not unusual to run into our office dogs 🐶 or for a cat 🐱 to join our Zoom calls!