FirstVet has been building a digital platform since we started in 2016, mainly aiming to create a world where every pet can thrive, not just survive - no matter the circumstances. In order to facilitate FirstVet’s continuous international growth, we’re strengthening our tech team.
As a Tech Lead/Full Stack Developer at FirstVet, you will be responsible for the technical quality of the deliveries in either team, a project, or a technical component. Within your area of responsibility, you will lead the technical parts of the delivery, making sure that development is done in accordance with our established strategies, objectives, and quality standards.
- Design and develop our services, using Node.js, PHP, Vue, React Native.
- Make sure that cross-functional requirements, such as scalability, redundancy, security, observability, and performance, are met.
- Make sure that we follow established development and QA processes.
- Ensure that our architecture and technical solutions are well suited to
current and future requirements.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineering Managers to
provide estimates and break down product initiatives into technical
- Taking the lead on cross-team initiatives.
- Establishing team-centric processes such as routines and checklists for
planning, releasing of a specific application, etc.
- Communicate technical risks, capabilities & visualization of work with
team members as well as various stakeholders.
- Grow and guide other engineers in your team by pairing, coaching, and
- Responsibilities are split 50/50 between tech and lead tasks.
- Deliver and drive work on new features/functions and iterate/improve
existing features/functions reflecting user feedback and customer
- 5+ years of full-stack hands-on engineering experience either as a Tech Lead
or Senior Engineer
- Knowledge of Node.js, PHP, Vue, React Native
- Good coding skills – how to write a code and what good quality code looks
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Understand how software fits into the overall system and how it can be
deployed, managed, and operated in a production environment.
- Strong leadership skills – coaching, influencing, and delegation
- High accountability and ownership of your work.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Apart from the above-mentioned requirements, it goes without saying that an interest in animals is highly desirable. We’re a pet-oriented organization and it’s not unusual to run into our office dogs or for a cat to join our Zoom calls!